UPDATE 23 November 2020: Please see the new sections below of my favorite Denver restaurants doing Thanksgiving and Hanukkah dinner takeout this year!
If you’re like me you’ve been looking for any way to help our small local Denver farms, businesses, and restaurants during the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why I’ve looked to buy from local providers of groceries and pantry staples when getting supplies to cook at home during the coronavirus crazy times.
Here are some of my favorite homegrown companies keeping Coloradans safe and healthy by offering grocery delivery and/or curbside pickup services. Many of the delivery services and providers listed here offer locally-grown or -made produce and products, that they make themselves or source from local companies.
If you have a favorite provider that isn’t on this list, please leave your tips in the comments!
Grocery delivery and/or curbside pickup
Boulder County Farmers Market (BCFM) / Farmers market
Union Station farmers market is the only grower’s only market in Denver and now the BCFM will sell local produce and goods all year round!
When to order: Tuesdays starting at 8am – Thursday 12pm.
Pickup: Sunday – Curbside pickup 10am-12pm at Union Station (there is a service charge of $4.99 per order.)
Delivery: Denver delivery comes on Monday mornings and costs $9.99. Delivery available approx. w/in 12 miles of the RiNo warehouse were the orders are processed. (Check the BCFM.org website to make sure they deliver to your zip code.)
When placing an order, just be sure to choose the correct method – “Delivery” or “Pickup”. Each week ordering will be available beginning Tuesdays at 8 a.m. and close Thursdays at 12 noon.
More good news – BCFM have partnered with LOCAL delivery system Bondadosaco who have an electric car fleet to fulfill the delivery orders.
Order at: BCFM.org
I’ve been steadily ordering Altamira Doorstep, a local company serving the Denver area that started a home delivery service in the spring of 2020. They carry lots of pantry staples, including baking supplies. They carry packaged good products from local Colorado and Denver companies.
When to order: Place orders by 5 pm for next day delivery/delivery on your designated day. (Sunday – Thursday)
Delivery: Free deliveries in Denver on orders over $75. Delivery to Denver and surrounding areas (inside the C-470 corridor): Monday – Friday.
The also service Boulder, Lafayette, Superior, Parker, Castle Rock, Colorado Springs, and Vail.
Order at Altamira Doorstep
Grown locally from their RiNo aeroponic farm, they grow the most beautiful greens. You can buy in bulk directly from the source.
When to order: Fridays up until 12pm
Pickup: Curbside pickup, Fridays 10am – 2pm
NOTE: Winter months will be a slower growing season, so if no products are listed that week, “it will be a week without greens.” Alternatively, you can find Altius Farm being sold at BCFM and Denver Bazaar.
Order at Altius Farms’ Square page
Get curated produce boxes filled with Colorado-grown items, a la cart produce items, meats, and cheeses from local producers and suppliers.
When to order: Place orders by 7pm on Thursdays for the coming weekend of pickups.
Pickup: Saturdays, generally 12-4pm (you choose a pickup slot when you order). There is no fee for curbside pickup at their Larimer Square location, The Farmers Market LSQ.
Delivery: Between 9am – 12pm every Sunday, and delivery is $5 for eligible Denver zip codes.
Order at Denver Bazaar Curbside
Ordering 2020 Thanksgiving dinner from a local Denver restaurant
Since I will not be able to spend Thanksgiving dinner this year with family, I’ve decided instead to order from a local restaurant taking Thanksgiving orders.
Here are a few restaurants in Denver I have found (many of them located in Downtown Denver) where you can order a complete Thanksgiving dinner, or everything but the turkey!
Full meal for pickup
- Rioja – SOLD OUT
- Stoic & Genuine
- A la cart pre-order menu with entrees like squash ravioli, seafood boil, steak Oscar (no turkey)
- Order by 22 Nov
- Pickup on 24-25 Nov
- Bistro Vendome
- A la cart pre-order of French classics (no turkey), Menu
- Order online or by phone (303 825-3232) by Friday, 20 Nov
- Cold pick-up on 24-25 Nov with complete finishing instructions
- Milk Market
- $250, feeds 6 people
- Classic full Thanksgiving spread
- Pickup on 25 Nov (must reserve pickup time on Tock to secure order)
- The Kitchen Bistro
- $150, feeds 4 people
- Choose from turkey or vegetarian option
- A la cart sides for pickup option available (BYOTurkey)
- Pickup 23-25 November (must reserve an available pickup time on Tock to secure order)
- Citizen Rail
- $180, turkey with classic sides and a roasted pumpkin pie, feeds 4 people (more details on their website)
- A portion of all proceeds from Thanksgiving to-go orders will go to No Kid Hungry.
- Call 303 323-0017 or email Jaclyn.Patrick@HotelBornDenver.com by 23 November to reserve
- Pickup on 25 Nov from 2-5 pm and again on 26 Nov (Thanksgiving Day) from 11:00am-1pm.
- Outdoor heated seating available for those looking to dine out on Thanksgiving Day. Call 303 323-0017 to reserve.
- $110, feeds 8 people (see Instagram photo for a shot of the meal)
- Order by phone at 720 452-2487 before 23 Nov
- Pickup on 25 Nov between 2-5pm.
- Ace Eat Serve
- Peking duck with wrappers and toppings
- Order by 19 Nov
- Pickup on 25 Nov, 4pm-9pm
- $45 per person for Thanksgiving classic meal
- Pickup 25 Nov, 5-7pm or 26 Nov, 11am-3pm
- Dio Mio
- $60 for a Family Meal of a sausage and pepper pasta bake, large salad, bread, and dessert that feeds 4-6 (no turkey)
- Order by 24 November (must reserve an available pickup time on Tock to secure order)
- Pickup on 25 Nov, 3-7pm
Thanksgiving sides, pies, and booze
- Olive & Finch
- Pies and sides available a la cart
- Lou’s Italian (Menu. Package for 4 available for $65. Order by 22 Nov. Pickup 24-25 Nov)
Order 2020 Hanukkah dinner from a local Denver restaurant
- Feeds 4 guests- $175 + 8% sales tax (included)
- A spread of hummus, latkes, lamb shank, roasted chicken, and more.
- Dinner available for local pickup (12pm-4pm) on December 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18