UPDATE 16 December 2020: Please see the new sections below of my favorite Denver restaurants doing Christmas, New Year’s, and Hanukkah dinner takeout this year!
If you’re like me you’ve been looking for any way to help our small local Denver farms, businesses, and restaurants during the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why I’ve looked to buy from local providers of groceries and pantry staples when getting supplies to cook at home during the coronavirus crazy times.
Here are some of my favorite homegrown companies keeping Coloradans safe and healthy by offering grocery delivery and/or curbside pickup services. Many of the delivery services and providers listed here offer locally-grown or -made produce and products, that they make themselves or source from local companies.
If you have a favorite provider that isn’t on this list, please leave your tips in the comments!
Grocery and produce delivery and/or curbside pickup
Boulder County Farmers Market (BCFM) / Farmers market
Union Station farmers market is the only grower’s only market in Denver and now the BCFM will sell local produce and goods all year round!
When to order: Tuesdays starting at 8am – Thursday 12pm.
Pickup: Sunday – Curbside pickup 10am-12pm at Union Station (there is a service charge of $4.99 per order.)
Delivery: Denver delivery comes on Monday mornings and costs $9.99. Delivery available approx. w/in 12 miles of the RiNo warehouse were the orders are processed. (Check the BCFM.org website to make sure they deliver to your zip code.)
When placing an order, just be sure to choose the correct method – “Delivery” or “Pickup”. Each week ordering will be available beginning Tuesdays at 8 a.m. and close Thursdays at 12 noon.
More good news – BCFM have partnered with LOCAL delivery system Bondadosaco who have an electric car fleet to fulfill the delivery orders.
Order at: BCFM.org
I’ve been steadily ordering Altamira Doorstep, a local company serving the Denver area that started a home delivery service in the spring of 2020. They carry lots of pantry staples, including baking supplies. They carry packaged good products from local Colorado and Denver companies.
When to order: Place orders by 5 pm for next day delivery/delivery on your designated day. (Sunday – Thursday)
Delivery: Free deliveries in Denver on orders over $75. Delivery to Denver and surrounding areas (inside the C-470 corridor): Monday – Friday.
The also service Boulder, Lafayette, Superior, Parker, Castle Rock, Colorado Springs, and Vail.
Order at Altamira Doorstep
Grown locally from their RiNo aeroponic farm, they grow the most beautiful greens. You can buy in bulk directly from the source.
When to order: Fridays up until 12pm
Pickup: Curbside pickup, Fridays 10am – 2pm
NOTE: Winter months will be a slower growing season, so if no products are listed that week, “it will be a week without greens.” Alternatively, you can find Altius Farm being sold at BCFM and Denver Bazaar.
Order at Altius Farms’ Square page
Get curated produce boxes filled with Colorado-grown items, a la cart produce items, meats, and cheeses from local producers and suppliers.
When to order: Place orders by 7pm on Thursdays for the coming weekend of pickups.
Pickup: Saturdays, generally 12-4pm (you choose a pickup slot when you order). There is no fee for curbside pickup at their Larimer Square location, The Farmers Market LSQ.
Delivery: Between 9am – 12pm every Sunday, and delivery is $5 for eligible Denver zip codes.
Order at Denver Bazaar Curbside
Packaged pantry items from local restaurants
- The Uptown restaurant is now selling a number of house-made sauces, fresh pasta, and gelato that are frozen and packaged through “Coperta Pantry.” Online ordering available on their website.
Order 2020 Christmas dinner from a local Denver restaurants and services
Is your level of Christmas cheer directly tied to not having to cook? Here are my selections for local Denver restaurants (many of which are located in downtown Denver) for pickup meals to feed your family for the holidays.
- Barolo Grill (Order online)
- $80 per person
- Each pack includes: Braised Veal Shank (Salmon substitute available), Lobster Salad with Squash & Pickled Cranberries, Roasted Tri-Color Cauliflower with Calabrian Chile & Thyme, Truffle Yukon Potato Gratin, Creamed Spinach and Kale with Water Chestnuts, and Gingerbread Spice Cake with Blood Orange Compote
- Pickup available: Tuesday, December 22nd thru Wednesday, December 23rd
- Coperta (Order online)
- Feeds up to 4 people – $200
- Prime Rib Roast from @riverbearamericanmeats and 3 sides
- Pre-order through Monday, 12/21 for pickup on Thursday, 12/24 anytime between 12pm-7pm. Cooking instructions included
- Order online on our webpage and choose Holiday Pre-Order Tab! Don’t forget to add Chef Jodi’s Holiday Cookie Platter too!
- Rioja (Order online)
- Choose one appetizer, one entree, two sides, and one dessert from their holiday menu for $53 per person (items also available a la carte)
- Available for Christmas and New Year’s celebrations
- Morin (Order online – pickup OR delivery option available)
- $55 per person. Parties of 2, 4 or 6 only.
- Meal includes: Potato Gratin, Mushroom and truffle Fricassee, Your choice of either beef short rib Bourguignon or a citrus-glazed duck breast, Paris Brest pastry dessert with its flaky shell and hazelnut creme
- Add-ons like a chilled seafood platter, fondue, foie gras terrine, and caviar also available.
- Tavernetta (Order online: Pasta dinner kit, Prime Rib meal)
- There are two options!
- Pasta dinner feast for up to 4 – $150
- Porcini Lasagna ready to bake (with an optional white truffle addition), Insalata Mista, house baked focaccia, chocolate chip cookies
- Prim Rib feast for up to 6 – $500
- Prime Grade Bone-In Prime Rib Roast (Roasting pan included), Chicory Salad with Pear and Pomegranate, Potato Gratin with Montasio and Cream, Red Wine Beef Jus with Black Truffle, Cippolini Agrodolce, Gianduja Chocolate Tart
- Both dinners are available for pre-order by Friday, December 18th
- Tamayo (Order online)
- Christmas Tamales Package comes with 12 Tamales (Chicken Tinga, Slow Braised Pork and Veggie) – plus all garnishes and Mexican Rice & Beans.
- Tamale packages are only available for pick-up on: December 22nd, 23rd & 24th from 11AM – 7 PM
- Sushi Den (Order online)
- They will be offering “The Holiday”, a special bent box that will be a “culinary journey to Japan” as part of their DenToGo bento box series.
- Available Dec 23-30
- Please note, Sushi Den requires 24 hours advance notice, with order in by 5:30pm the previous day.
- Available Days – Thursday ~ Saturday only.
- Available Pick Up Times – 5:30pm, 6:00pm or 6:30pm
- Lou’s Italian (Order online)
- Lou’s Build Your Own Italian Christmas Dinner for 4 people – $100
- Charcuterie plate, choice of caesar or garden salad, an indulgent entree (choice of chicken parm, meatball parm, eggplant parm, penne vodka, baked ziti, vegetarian lasagna, or meat lasagna) and a freshly baked baguette.
- Order by Thurs. 12/17 @ 5pm
- Bistro Vendome (Order online or call 303.825.3232)
- $55 per person
- Choice of appetizer, main entree, and dessert
- Available Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, or New Year’s Day
- Order online or by phone by for cold pick-up on December 23nd and 24th and December 30th and 31st with complete finishing instructions
- Guard and Grace (Order online)
- Christmas dinner for 4 people – $119
- Meal includes: Pork Belly & Corn Bread Stuffing, Cipollini Onion Gravy (GF), Killer Idaho Mashed Potatoes, Cultured Butter, Chives (GF), Local Green Beans, Signature Roasted Carrots (GF), Winter Salad | Grana Padano Cheese, Candied Walnuts, Herb Vinaigrette (GF), Guard and Grace House rolls, Chocolate Peppermint Pie, Troy’s Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Need to substitute something? Email the restaurant or add your request in our restaurant notes at checkout.
- Accepting orders for Christmas through Monday, December 21 | 12pm MST
- Pick up is December 22 + 23 from 12pm – 5pm
- Hop Alley (Order online)
- Meal feeds 4-5 people – $200
- Includes: Choice of Smoked & Braised Charsiu Pork Shoulder or Chinese Black Bean Braised Beef Chuck, Pork Dumplings – chili, soy, Hot & Sour Soup – tofu, shiitake, lily flower, Gai Lan – oyster sauce, crispy shallot, chook chicken salt, Hasselback Potatoes – Sichuan spice, Hop Alley Chopped Salad – sesame vinagrette, Chilled Tofu – bang bang sauce, smashed cucumber, peanuts, Braised Sour Mustard Greens, Sambal Pickles & Steamed Buns
- Dinner requires easy prep, heating and assembly, will require a large pot, oven and microwave
- Pre-purchase the holiday feast via the online ordering page during normal business hours or call between 4-9p , Monday-Saturday. Order cut off is December 16th @ 9p
- Pick up on Dec. 23rd
- Smok (Call 720-452-2487 to order)
- Holiday Brisket Meal that feeds 6 – $120
- Pre-orders remain open until Sunday, December 20th
- Pick up this feast Wednesday December 23rd between 2 and 6pm
- Lola (Order online)
- Christmas Eve Paella Party for 2 people – $55
- Baja-style paella, sangria, and more
- Pickup on 12/24
- They will have limited quantities of paella available for patio dining on Christmas Eve, too. Be sure to make a reservation!
- The Kitchen (Order online)
- Christmas meal for 4-6 people – $175
- Includes: House Smoked Ham, Milk Bread Rolls, Endive Salad, Twice Baked Potato Gratin, Broccolini and the all important, Coconut Cake
- Delivery by in-house team also available
- Grateful Plate Denver (Order online)
- This one came in from a reader tip!
- Christmas Dinner – $22.95 for 1 person, $44.95 for 2 people, $88.95 for four people
- Includes: Sliced Honey Roasted Ham, Gourmet Scalloped Potatoes, Green Beans and Bacon, Sweet Potato Casserole, and Dinner Rolls.
- Order on 22 Dec to receive home delivery in Denver on 23 Dec
- Holiday Goodie Box also available for order
- Dio Mio (Order online)
- Christmas meal for 6 people – $100
- Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni with fresh basil, mozzarella, and red sauce, Nicoise Salad smoked trout tonnato, pickled green beans, hard boiled eggs, fingerling potato chips, Hasselback Butternut Squash with brown butter-sherry vinaigrette, golden raisins, capers, and pepitas, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Served with garlic bread, Mulled Wine Kit (includes one bottle of wine and accoutrements)
- Orders can be placed online until Sat, December 19th at 3pm
- Pick-up December 23rd
Order 2020 Hanukkah dinner from a local Denver restaurant
Not able to spend Hanukkah with family this year? Why not order from a local restaurant offering special Hanukkah meals and treats?
Here are a few restaurants in Denver I have found where you can order a Hanukah spread.
- Feeds 4 guests- $175 + 8% sales tax (included)
- A spread of hummus, latkes, lamb shank, roasted chicken, and more.
- Dinner available for local pickup (12pm-4pm) on December 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18
- Rosenberg’s (Denver locations, Monaco Parkway location)
- A la carte half dozen platters of latkes and sufganiyot
- Online pre-order from Monday, November 30 to Monday, December 7 from the two Rosenberg’s Bagels and Delicatessen locations (725 E 26th Ave. and 2501 Dallas St.) or Rosenberg’s Kosher (942 S. Monaco Parkway)
- Pickup Dec. 11-13 and 15-18, with limited availability for walk-ins throughout the holiday (please note: potato latkes are not available at Rosenberg’s Kosher)
- Hanukkah cookies also available in-store at the two Denver locations starting Dec 8 (not available for pre-order pickup)